I see you there.
No, not the two of you reading this. I see you too on Google Analytics (hello!).
I mean this blog. Neglected and forgotten. It’s been calling to me. Maybe because of things happening in the world, or my life, but I’ve been feeling… aspirational lately. Among a lot of other things, I guess. And blogs, by their very nature, are aspirational. Everyone seems to start one with the best of intentions, and eventually they sit, abandoned.
Maybe it’s the season. But whatever it is, I’m in the mood to take action. I’m overwhelmed by aspirational thoughts.
- I want to read more
- I want to be more focused
- I want to eat healthier
- I want to exercise more
- I want to learn to play chess
- I want to learn more about Astronomy
- I want to be a better dad
- I want to be a better husband
- I want to take action on the environment
- I want to volunteer and make a difference
- I want to meditate
- I want to have a creative outlet (or three)
- I want to hustle more and make money
- I want to be more financially responsible
- I want to be better at public speaking
The list goes on. Or, you could say the list piles up, if you don’t do something about it. So, as the saying goes, “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.” Time to start taking bites, no matter how small. Thus, a blog post. The first of many more bites? You’ll have to wait and see.